Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Update

Hello All,
Just a quick update--

Life in Tegus is going very well although the reality of my impending departure is very pressing and painful. I have been working as directed by Alvin with a team that is here from Canada. It is such a blessing to share my country with others. Yesterday, we went to Casitas Kennedy, the orphanage, and the two feeding centers. I hadn't been there at all this summer, and it was a blessing to return.

From the very first moment that I stepped out of the van at Casitas, I was drawn to a precious little boy. His name was Roy--the only other Roy I've ever met here in Honduras besides my friend, Roy. He is five-years-old and so very precious. He clung to me the entire time we were there, and Papi Alvin picked on him saying that he was in love with me. He showered me with kisses and stayed in my arms for the majority of my time there. When we left, he asked me when I'd be coming back, and I once again had to come to terms with the idea that I possibly would never see him again. He blew me kisses and chased after the van. I do believe that my time with him blessed me more than it blessed him.

Today was church. I'm not really sure what all there is to say about church except to ask for your prayers. I know that God is in control and that He is at work, but there is a lot going on that could use the prayer support of other believers.

There's not too much else to share at this point. I am just soaking the last little bit of it in. I leave on Wednesday. I don't know that I'm ready, but it is inevitable. I will arrive in Pittsburgh around 11, be home technically on Thursday, and have only Thursday to pack for school. I move back to Shepherd on Friday, have job training on Saturday, work on Sunday night, and classes start Monday. Goodbye summer. I am almost thankful that I have no break between--it means that life goes on no matter where I am. I am the same person in Honduras, Mexico, and the US. God is the same God in Honduras, Mexico, the US, and wherever. Thus, I trust Him to lead me and guide me there just as He has here this summer.

Until next time,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment