Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day!

Hello All,
I am so excited to announce that student teaching is done, and I am finally in the home stretch. I finished my 91-page senior thesis (it almost killed me), and I have to present twice this coming week. After that, I am done and will graduate very soon. I know that it has been quite too long since I updated, but the hiatus was necessary to be fully invested in student teaching. I had an amazing student teaching experience at Hedgesville High School (going back is like going home) and Hedgesville Middle School. I love all of my students so much! It was very difficult to leave because they were all so loving and accepting. I just swell with the love of God for them and from them. My first facilitating teacher became like yet another second mother and a life-long mentor. I had the opportunity to teach a month-long unit about Honduras, and I was so blessed to see my students mature before my eyes. Hedgesville Middle School was also very fun simply because the students were so full of humor and creativity.

I am also making practical preparations to move to Honduras. Finally! I bought my one-way plane ticket and will be moving September 3. In the mean time, my cousin, Gabrielle, and I will be road tripping across the US this summer. It'll be a very simple adventure--meaning we're going to be living cheap, eating frugally, sleeping in the car and camping. We're pretty excited about it even though we don't have a concrete plan. It's one of those things that I felt like God was leading me to do for two years now. We just want to be on His time table and obedient in all the things He leads us to do and places He leads us to go. In the mean time, I will be sending out graduation announcements/I'm moving letters soon to also let people know that, like Alvin and Nelly Anderson, any financial support for me as I work with Manos Extendidas will be funneled through Outreach Christian Fellowship. I will post that letter and all of that information later. I hope that all is well for any readers still left out there, and now that college is almost over, I will do my best to be more diligent in posting.

Lots of love!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment