Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Admiring Home

Hello All,
Well, I had an amazing weekend. Thursday, Roy picked me up, and we went on some mandatos and stopped for a breather at a coffee place. It was really nice. Then it was back to life as usual in Tegus. I helped Sara cook dinner for the team, and we made sandwiches for street ministry.

I went with Alvin, the Danish team, Cesar and Patricia (from Belize), and mis hermanitos (Kevin and Bladimir). All I can really say about it is that I was home. Talking to the regulars that were high on glue was completely normal for me. I saw Kevin, a friend that my family made in 2007, who is still living on the streets. He was so pleased that I remembered his name. When I live here, I want to go with Alvin to visit the street kids whenever he goes by himself without teams. After we had made all of our stops, Alvin stopped at a flat place near the stadium overlooking the whole city. It´s a phenomenal view. I was standing beside him just soaking it all in, thinking about how I can´t wait to live here. Out of the corner of my eye, I happened to catch Papí Alvin staring at me and grinning. I looked over and said, ´´What?´´ And he just smiled and said, ´´Admiring your home?´´ I just grinned and said yes. I´m so glad that he knows that Honduras is my home.

Friday and Saturday, I helped Mamí Sara cook for the team. It felt so good to be washing dishes at Alvin´s again, surrounded by mis hermanitos and lovely family. It just amazes me how at home I feel with everyone there.

I had such a difficult time leaving today. As soon as I got on the bus to go back to Esperanza, I started crying. I have no idea why. I just didn´t want to leave. I´m such a weirdo. I won´t be going back to Tegus next weekend though because it is the birthday of my host mother in Esperanza, and they´re having a big birthday party for her. So I will be staying here. If I´m crying just leaving Tegucigalpa, I can only imagine how difficult it will be to leave for the US. Oh, brokenness. . .we are becoming close friends.

With love,
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Sair, I know youlove honduras but i miss you oodles and need you to come home for a visit before you move away, just think next time you go back you wont have to leave, maybe that will help you come back to the states, I need some sarah talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you too, lady! Don´t worry, we will most definitely catch up when I get back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh oh sarita no tienes ningun idea!!! aahhh te amo mucho, y no puedo esperar hablar con tigo costa rica esta muy muy bien!!

    ReplyDelete