Pages

Saturday, July 3, 2010

A God of the Details

Hello All,
I made it to the bus station yesterday by 6 AM, but the bus didn't leave until 7. I was initially rather frustrated by this because I had tried to get there by 6 to make it to the station by 10--the time that Roy had told me was most convenient for him. I knew that he would never complain and would come at any time that I needed him to, but I wanted to make his life easier. So, all I could do was just pray that God would work out the perfect timing. Roy constantly has a million and one things to do, and the last thing I want to be is a burden for him especially when I know that he doesn't have to pick me up or take me anywhere. After a seemingly endless ride, I arrived at the station at 11, and he was patiently waiting there to meet me.

On our ride home, he told me of how insane the day before had been for him and how hectic yesterday already was. So many crazy things had happened the day before--a flat tire, a friend's motor bike that broke down and had to be fixed twice, police stops gone awry, lots of chores and errands, and new friends made. It was a hilarious story, really, because it detailed the grace and hand of God in so many situations that were out of Roy's control. And furthermore, Roy told me that the arrival of my bus was perfect timing for him because of how his errands had worked out. I was quite grateful for God's attention to detail in this way.

Although yesterday's bus ride was long and hot and made me a bit carsick, waking up this morning in my bed, in my room with my girls, made it all worth it. Yesterday was a pretty tranquil day. I raided Tia Sally's library and read Sacred Journeys by Wendy Murray Zoba, who has lived in Honduras while her husband pastored a church. It was a good book.

Today, the girls, the aunts, and I are headed up to Alvin's house to prep for a team coming tomorrow. Lots of cleaning, washing, and cooking to do. Alvin will be here before I have to head back to Esperanza, and I am looking forward to seeing my Papi! And I'm sure with everything going on here, I'm not going to want to go back. But, I do enjoy teaching, and I'm thankful for that opportunity.

Thanks for reading!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment