Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Walter

Hello All,

There´s not a whole of new things to report. Teaching went well although we had some crazy students today. I so love my students even when they make teaching difficult. I hope that when I move to Honduras that I will be able to come back and visit all of them, and I´d like to bring Roy as well. (He´s always saying that he wishes he could watch me teach just to see my behavior, etc.)

I received a love note from one of my students today--a precious fourth grade boy named Walter. It was so sweet and made my whole day.

Meanwhile, I miss Tegus and all that I associate with my beloved home. I had a missed call from Mamí Sara this morning, so I called her back and for just the few minutes we were on the phone, I felt a little closer to home. I know that I am here in Esperanza for a reason, and I am grateful for the time that I get to be here. I am getting more attached to the place and adopting it as more of my own. Every day, I get more a glimpse of the realization that it won´t be much longer before I live in Honduras. I love this revelation because although I have said for many years now that I will be moving to Honduras, the reality of that truth only sinks in every so often. I so long for roots and permanence. I long to drive my tent pegs deep as it says in Isaiah. I long for this place to no longer just be home in name but also home in action. All in good time, I know. Once again, the reality of how difficult it is going to be to leave yet again is unbelievable. I underestimate it every time, and it gets harder every time. Leaving Honduras leaves me so broken, but it´s a brokenness that I know is of God. And, I just want His best; thus, I welcome the brokenness even when it leads me to embarrassing laugh-cries. Ha ha.

With love and deep sighs,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment