Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lazy Day

Today was a slow day. We got two new volunteers yesterday--Astrid and Laura. Astrid is 19 and is from England while Laura is 30 and is from Argentina although both of them reside in the States. Laura is working with the IHNFA, and Astrid is doing construction work all by herself. They are both quite nice.

School was anti-climactic today. Wednesdays are our easy day anyway since we only have 3 classes, but today we only had one. The whole school seemed to be in the midst of testing or a physical education day. So, I spent the morning just visiting with my kids. I´m trying to learn more names. My sixth graders were wandering around (who knows what they were doing), and they asked me to sit with them and teach them the days of the week, the months of the year, and numbers. The boys later left to go play soccer, but some of my girls stayed with me and played with my hair. I love my students. I love how very at ease I am with all of them. The only class we ended up having was the A section of fourth grade. It went well although it was not as smooth as the B section.

Tomorrow, my host family is leaving for Roatan, and the rest of the volunteers are leaving for Utila. Thus, with no one home, I am headed to Tegus yet again and early at that! :) Roy asked me why I wasn´t going with everyone else to Utila, and I just explained that I have a very limited time here in Honduras. People are always the most important to me, and I would rather spend time with my family in Tegus while I can rather than travel.

Lots of love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment