Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Call

There is much that I could share about today, but I will merely state that even in my times of greatest weakness and fragility, God is always faithful. Sometimes, I just need to take the time to actively seek Him.

I learned yesterday (for lack of much news consumption here) that there was a major tropical storm that hit Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador this past weekend. It resulted in some major damage, and there have been numerous casualties. Guatemala received the brunt of the storm although the flooding and mudslides in all three countries have been equally dangerous. Before the tropical storm, a volcano in Guatemala City started erupting, spewing ash into the city. Thus, they shut the airport down to remove the ash. Unfortunately, the storm made this task much more difficult, and to my knowledge, the airport is still closed. This is an interesting fact since that is the airport where I am to have a layover between Mexico and Honduras. It could make for an interesting change of plans perhaps, but God knows and is in control. Thankfully, I talked to Melvin from Manos Extendidas, and he informed me that everything related to MEH is safe and escaped unharmed.
Meanwhile, please pray for all of those people in those countries that are suffering as they've lost loved ones, their homes, and their livelihood.

It is now 10 days until I leave for Honduras, and it feels closer in presence than ever before. I miss it so very much. Appropriately, I've been listening to Regina Spektor's song called "The Call." The lyrics echo my heart for Honduras:

"The Call" by Regina Spektor
It started out as a feeling
Which then grew into a hope
Which then turned into a quiet thought
Which then turned into a quiet word

And then that word grew louder and louder
Till it was a battle cry

I'll come back
When you call me
No need to say goodbye

Just because everything's changing
Doesn't mean it's never
Been this way before

All you can do is try to know
Who your friends are
As you head off to the war

Pick a star on the dark horizon
And follow the light

You'll come back
When it's over
No need to say goodbye

Now we're back to the beginning
It's just a feeling and no one knows yet
But just because they can't feel it too
Doesn't mean you have to forget

Let your memories grow stronger and stronger
Till they're before your eyes

You'll come back
When they call you
No need to say goodbye

Ever content,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment